View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 10:58 AM

Liked 1,025 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
Now that I have handled the 45 Shield, I just don't think the grip texture is for me. I put a rubber sleeve on it and it makes it too thick. I do not want to use anything to smooth it out, as I don't want to deface my gun, so it looks like it will be sold off before I even get out and shoot it.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
I'd suggest that you at least give it a chance at the range. I tried one at a rental place, just to confirm my decision years ago to not shoot anything bigger than 9mm/38 Special, in deference to my ageing joints. But I was shocked - SHOCKED - to discover that it was no more uncomfortable on joints or hand than the 9mm Shield I enjoy so much. Every bit as accurate, and a real hoot to shoot. (It's been a long time since I've seen such big holes in a target.)

The stippling on the 45 grip is indeed more "aggressive" than on the 9mm model when you hold 'em side by side, but I never noticed it while shooting.

I don't really NEED a larger caliber carry gun (I have LOTS of 32 Mag, 38 Special and now 9mm carry guns), I don't need to get back into reloading for 45 with its large primers (all of the other calibers I reload use small primers) and larger, more expensive bullets, and I don't need to go looking for a new holster. But man, after shooting one I sure do WANT a 45 Shield, and the one you picked up is exactly the package I'd want - it's the same one I got with my Shield 9.

And if you took yours to the range, I'd bet that you won't want to get rid of yours, either.