View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 11:41 AM

Liked 1,503 Times in 403 Posts

I had the very same issue happen to me once with my PC Shield 9mm. The pistol has functioned flawlessly. 500+ Rounds now with several different brands of ammo, FMJ, hollow points. Then once, out of the clear blue sky, when I was reassembling I noticed as I mounted the slide on the frame it didn't feel quite right and the slide stop would not engage the slide stop notch. It moved into the notch but would not stay there. I thought,"Ugh, where's my G26?" LOL

Hmm, okay, removed the slide and to my eyes the guide rod assembly looked perfect. Obviously though something wasn't right. I removed the Guide assembly, rotated it, placed it back, and like greased butter the slide slid onto the frame and all was well. It's most definitely finicky and should've/could've been manufactured better.

Don't give up on the Shield quite yet. Keep shooting it, cleaning it, "lightly" lube it

P.S. Keep us updated on how things go with the new guide rod assembly, and after a few hundred more rounds. Good Luck to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5807.jpg (78.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5809.jpg (95.0 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by Scorpion520AZ; 07-15-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: PC Shield 9mm
The Following User Likes This Post: