Thread: 360PD
View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 AM

Liked 474 Times in 196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc2427765 View Post
During my duties as a firearms instructor for my PD, I had the opportunity to observe an LEO that wanted to qualify with this weapon as a primary weapon which required him to fire 50 rounds for qualification. Being young and still had those teenage hormones raging inside him, he want to use magnum ammo. I put him on the line with me close behind him and waited for the show. The first 5 rounds hurt, the second hurt more and the next 5 drew blood and I stopped the firing not because he wanted to stop, but rather, because we could not eject the spent case without a leather mallet. That was my was experience with the 360PD.

If the cylinder is extremely dirty after shooting lots of 38special and then the longer 357 cartridge is then stuffed in on top of the 38 carbon build up in the chamber, you will always end up with hard ejection. Simply clean after shooting 38 and this will never happen. I personally have never experienced this problem with either of my 340 revolvers. Sounds like a newb 357 owner practiced with a lot of 38special then went to qualify with the 357 so he could carry the 357 but neglected the cleaning step between.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: