View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 12:05 PM
US Veteran
Absent Comrade

Liked 16,155 Times in 7,409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacek View Post
I dont' think this is Model 27. 27 is N-frame, this one looks like the K-frame. Space between cylinder and frame front side is like in 19 not 27/28.
You 're right. Some here have a really hard time determining which size gun they're looking at either here or on TV and in movies. They must have really bad judgement. Dwalt is usually more knowledgeable, and may have typed Model 27 because he wasn't wide awake or paying attention. I think he knows that Model 19's have extractor rod shrouds.

This is clearly a Model 19. The only questions in my mind are the markings/proofmarks and whether the six-inch barrel is original. If it is well fitted, and you aren't a collector, I see no problem there. I've owned several six-inch barreled M-19's and they were very accurate and easier to shoot well than shorter barrel lengths. And they give higher velocity. The lack of a Model marking is most curious, unless a longer barrel was later fitted to a very early Combat Magnum made just before model markings were adopted. I think the CM was on the market by 1955-56, and markings began in 1958. I once owned a four-inch barreled CM made before Model 19 was assigned. It was a beauifully made and finshed gun.

Last edited by Texas Star; 07-15-2017 at 12:21 PM.