Thread: Brill Holster
View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 05:19 PM

Liked 7,731 Times in 2,125 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boykinlp View Post
As usual, thanks for all the interesting information. When I saw the seller's pictures of this holster, I thought it might have the Rabensburg sewing style. Nice to know about the snap type and that it is probably period correct.

Since Brill only made one style holster, I guess when you ordered one, you would just tell them what gun you wanted it to fit and barrel length, and they would make it for you. I think most of the Brill holsters that I have seen are the basketweave pattern. If anyone has a floral carved or plain one, please post a picture of it! I would love to see some!

I do think my holster was dyed black (even though they left the back of the holster brown) after it left Brill, since the back looks kinda crude. I looked at the welt on my holster and it has the same odd layering as the holster you pictured.

After Red's comments, I am liking this holster more and more!

It still really stinks that most of the awesome pictures on this "Gun Leather" part of the forum are no longer viewable! They used to be great to look at to and to learn and gather information from! I wish I could say how I really feel about photobucket!!
I did see that your welt had the unique layering. Here are some floral pics (some belong to other forum members):

brill auto (9).jpg

brill da (14).jpg