View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 11:10 PM

Liked 570 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Granted it is usually discussed that lead is softer in plated bullets. Well if plated bullet lead is that SOFT I would think that a .44 cal bullet hitting a log of wood at 1100 fps would mushroom a least a little. The bullet the OP posted showed no mushrooming. The OP's post was about how hard the lead was and how the plating held up in those Berry's. Based on his results it seems manufactures maybe starting to harden the lead up and he may be on to something.
Thank you!! That's exactly what I was trying to get at. My post had nothing to do with velocity. I'm just saying that the lead is a lot harder, and the plating is a whole lot tougher than what a lot of people think. Ive heard the song and dance about "be careful not to crimp them hard", expand your case mouths a bit extra to avoid chipping or peeling the plating off",...and many others. My point is, Ive deliberately tried to over crimp them, or damage the plating and I havent yet. My message is, load them, enjoy them, and shoot them. There's no need to worry about "over working" them at the loading bench.
The Following User Likes This Post: