View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 11:39 PM

Liked 1,025 Times in 510 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPWants View Post
When you consider the number of Shields in use and the infinitesimally small number of complaints, this is not a wide spread problem.
It is probably as small a problem as the internal lock on a S&W revolver locking up the gun on its own, without the key being turned. It DOES happen, but as with these bent magazine springs the percentage of revolvers likely to be affected is tiny. And if it's a range gun, if the problem arises it's a 1 minute job to dig out the key from your range bag and fix it.

But if it's a gun that HAS to work for you immediately, whenEVER you call on it, the fact that a known problem isn't very likely to occur is small comfort. That's why I removed the internal lock on the one J frame carry gun I had. That fixes the lock problem, permanently.

And for a Shield that's a daily carry gun, the question is - what's the best equivalent of removing the internal lock from a revolver? Obviously you can't just remove the mag spring, so what do you replace it with? Another S&W spring? Or one from Wolff or MagGuts? Or as I've done temporarily - replace the gun?