View Single Post

Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 PM

Liked 570 Times in 158 Posts

The point to this post is, I like the new Smiths but truthfully not as much as the pre 1980 models. I can sort through the stores and pick one that looks the nicest. You have to admit, the stainless finish is terrible on ALL new Smiths, even the PC ones. Compare a new Ruger right next to a stainless Smith...there's just no comparison. Compare that smae new Smith and Ruger to an older Smith, 1990 and older and there's no comparison still...the better goes to the older Smith. What you cant tell at the store is, how misaligned is the barrel. I was just wondering if a laser down the pipe would confirm POI with the sights...it seems to on two of my known good shooters. This post wasn't meant to be anti new Smiths, but geeze if you've been around the block and have a few older revolvers if you dont see what I'm talking about then you're blind. Smith's recent change to a sleeved barrel is bitter sweet. It'll be easier for them to end up with an aligned barrel but they're openly admitting that they've lost the skilled labor to time and screw a barrel on properly. Is it too much to ask to buy a brand new revolver and be able to take it home and shoot it without needing to send it back? Sending it back for repair when it's a day old should be a very VERY rare situation. Unfortunately it's common place.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: