View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 12:16 AM

Liked 3,443 Times in 936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUSTON RICK View Post
OK, it is expensive to make, but what does it do that other handguns cannot do?
I was thinking your question over. Technically, there is little difference. I have a 1952 vintage S&W K-22 since about three decades and none of my .22 Korths is more accurate than the K-22. However, the ejection of the Korth rimfire revolver is much better, like in night-and-day better. The little roller bearing for the double action came in five different sizes ( comes in three now ) and the stacking can be changed by changing to a different diameter roller.

My S&W 14-2 has been the gun that I shot a lot in competition and I let a few friends and one of my sons shoot the 14-2 in comparison to a four inch Korth Combat and all did a little better with the S&W, me included. When I do the same comparison of the S&W 14-2 to a 1971 vintage six inch Korth Sport .357 Mag, the Korth gets more favorable reviews. My son shot the target below with my reloads at 25 meters, the UIT distance.

The difference is in fit and finish, not in performance or mechanical accuracy. A little bit of high end always was very expensive, compare a registered Magnum to a S&W 27-2.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Target + Korth Micki.jpg (83.8 KB, 175 views)

Last edited by Andyd; 07-16-2017 at 12:19 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: