View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 08:59 AM

Liked 1,805 Times in 257 Posts

There will be many who will demand that the CMP DO "this" with the 1911's (If & when offered). Sales will have restrictions. Same restrictions that apply to previous Rifle & ammunition sales. PLUS more requirements yet to be determined (or announced).
There WILL be the inevitable "It's not fair" from those that cannot/will not meet the requirements. We've all heard & read them in every forum and gun club around the country.
PRICE. This will be determined by CMP Board of Directors. I'm certain they take into consideration condition, rarity & marketplace. They are NOT required to sell them BELOW market value.
CMP sells it's commodities to fund Shooting Programs with emphasis on youth training. They have developed matches in recent years to promote competition using these obsolete firearms. Otherwise, these firearms would be relegated to collector status.
The CMP gets an earful with each price or per-year-purchase change the Board makes. BUT ,they sell what they have & the shooting fund is sustained.
The forums WILL be filled with complaints upon the eventual release. Maybe someone will do a poll????

1)Too expensive for ME so I cannot buy as many as____

2)Too cheap so _____ bought too many and CMP did not save any for my Grandkids to buy ___ years from now.

3)Too many available so value of my collection went down.

4)My ___ served in ____ so even if I cannot afford ____ , I should have it anyway since taxpayers already paid for them once.

5)I need one, "for the children"

Anyway, Apologies for the rant. Moderators can delete if desired. No puppy in this parade anyway but If/When it happens, a comfortable chair & popcorn will suffice.

Last edited by CHARLIE699; 07-16-2017 at 09:01 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: