View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 09:26 AM

Liked 3,510 Times in 957 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357magster View Post
Sorry ... didn't mean to leave anyone hanging. It's not really an exciting story, but here goes ...

I stopped half way up our stairs yesterday and decided to check (on my phone) the LGS's used inventory page. They are very good about posting in "real time" ... an old gun shows up at the shop and they post it right away. Needless to say, I am checking my phone every five minutes.

Well, this here Model 66-1 pops up on this list. Not having one, I was immediately interested. But finances are going to be tight ... the wife just had shoulder surgery and, unlike Obama promised, even though we liked our previous plan, we couldn't keep it ... it went away .. and now we have a HUGE freakin' deductible. X$#@&!!

So I let out a mild swear word, knowing that I shouldn't buy it. My wife (bless her soul), at the top of the stairs, sees me looking at my phone and mildly swearing and she immediately puts two & two together and says, "Do they have a gun that you want? You should go get it. Life is short. Go buy it."

So, being an obedient husband, I went and bought it.

And now you know the rest of the story.

And yes, I did get the grass cut ... but only after cleaning my new stainless steel beauty. (Priorities!)
Boy, a wife that encourages you to buy a gun instead of cutting grass! What you do to deserve this? In your past life there must have been a least a person saved from a burning building or something close. Love the gun but not sure you should be praising the wife more!!
The Following 3 Users Like Post: