View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 09:51 AM
US Veteran

Liked 5,556 Times in 2,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeptic 9c View Post
There are opinions: Carry Condition Tactical Butterscotch - YouTube

I am of the school that holds if you are nervous about a round in the chamber, carry a revolver. Double Action or for the absolutely paranoid a Single Action revolver.
I fully agree. However, for those who choose to carry a single action revolver, sometimes called Tactical Historical Carry, it should be pointed out that there is actually a legitimate question as to whether one should carry a loaded round under the hammer of a SA revolver. There are, in regard to this question, two kinds of SA revolvers made today. For each revolver, there is one right answer to the question (it is generally "yes" or "no"), and which it is depends on the design of the revolver itself.

It is difficult to avoid the impression that firearms should only be carried by those who know how they work. I know that that's not completely true - some individuals who respect tradition, respect [legitimate] authority, and can walk and chew gum at the same time are capable of handling firearms safely, and many do. But it's a lot easier when you understand what's going on inside.