View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 01:27 PM

Liked 199 Times in 68 Posts

Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saemetric View Post
Possibly the yoke was bent from flipping open the cylinder and wouldn't close properly so the frame was filed to bring the yoke further inward.
I thought of that, but the yoke shows no other signs of damage and has a close and even fit to the frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k22fan View Post
After they are fitted to the frame all S&W hand ejector side plates and yokes are marked with the frame's assembly number. If 600 is on the left side of the grip frame then that is the original yoke.
Interesting point, and I did not know that. The left side of the grip frame bears the S stamp for stainless, as well as the additional lettering C25, F36, and 5883X. There's not another 600 mark on the gun except on the yoke. Serial number is BEK8---.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaaskop49 View Post
On photo #1, is that a crack at the top of the photo or a hair/ imperfection in the photo?
It's a hair. No cracks anywhere on the frame or yoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinx View Post
Looking at photo#1, it appears that the 4 in 64-4 has been put on after the marks were made. As if the marks were made before the model number was stamped. Anybody else see this?
The 4 does appear to be struck more deeply than the 64.

Thanks for the ideas. The idea of a replacement yoke does seem plausible. And, although it's unfortunate that this was done to the gun, it looks fine with the cylinder closed and fires without problems. So I will keep it and love it like it deserves.

Cheers,
Whisper
The Following 2 Users Like Post: