View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 01:41 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonuthin View Post
There have been numerous reports of counterfeit Uplula's being sold at a discount on eBay, Amazon, Gunbroker, etc. for some time now. Go to maglula | Tools for loading and unloading magazines for details.
You may have gotten a fake. I can assure you that the real thing would never do that. I have several and so do my friends. They would distort and dent the brass case long before they'd bend.
Thanks. I bought the original UpLULA on Amazon. Returned to them and ordered another. They were great about the return. Paid $28 for each and the markings appear to be identical. New one has been working much better.

The other issue is the Shield mags. I'm spending hours now loading and unloading the mags to cycle them and loosen them up. Have four OEM mags and one is much tighter than others. Can't load the last round even with UpLULA after about a dozen cycles.

Understand the need for the springs to be tight. I don't find it acceptable that they can't be loaded w/out a tool like UpLULA. What do you do in an emergency when you need to hand load?