View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 03:49 PM

Liked 150 Times in 95 Posts

I wanted to respond to the OP comment on the recoil of his G26. I have 3 G17s, a G19 and a G26. While I'm no expert and my experience may not be typical, I find that for several reasons the G26 can be a handful to shoot.

Several things, the first is the grip area is small. Not much grip area to spread out the impact. Not as bad as a J-frame but still an issue. I have pearse mag extensions that improve things somewhat. I put rubber O rings at the base of the mags because the mag extensions create a pinch point.

Second is the short nested dual recoil springs make it such that you have to load fairly stout loads to get the slide to cycle reliably. What is a very soft and reliable load that is flawless in my G17 and G19 will not put the G26 into slide lock.

I found that leaving the unloaded gun in slide lock position for a month make the springs a bit less aggressive.

As far as powder goes I use titegroup and get static cling. In addition to the other remedies I have a baby bottle brush that I use to dislodge the powder from inside the measure. I always clean my measure out when I'm finished for the day.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: