View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 04:45 PM

Liked 4,294 Times in 1,610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJelly View Post
That's a great idea - buy a Hi-Point instead of a Ruger ...

My Mk IV frame came back this past THU. It was there over the 4th of July weekend so it took 16 days. It returned with zero marks, scratches or dings; I had been wrongly concerned about how Ruger would handle it. I haven't had a chance to fire it since new - so now I'll have an extra mag when I do take it out to shoot it. That said, the trigger pull sucks compared to my Mk II stainless.
I've had Ruger Std, MK1, II,III, and IV's. The MK IV's seem to consistently have the worst factory triggers of any of them. They seem to also be the most difficult to get consistently "good" triggers with as well. The MK IV's ( at least the two I've worked on) needed almost every part in the trigger train replaced to function properly with a sub 3# trigger. All the other series I've owned/worked on could be fixed nicely with just a replacement sear .

Still, my advice is to bite the bullet and get the aftermarket parts and do it. It will be the difference between a gun you love and one you didn't own long enough to hate.