View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 05:19 PM

Liked 570 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC38 View Post
OK, I know one or maybe even both of you guys are just waiting with baited breath for someone to ask the obvious question of WHY?

So I'll bite...

What is wrong with the idea of using a cartridge-style bore-sighter to verify that POA & POI coincide?

Since you are both so emphatically opposed to the idea, how about enlightening the rest of us?
Thank you! This post was not about if the lock bugs you, or can you over look the horrible stainless finish with all the swirl marks when it was never so, or if you like the dull blueing that wipes off with Hoppes bore cleaner (it seriously does and warns about it in the manual), or do you like MIM parts, or the frame mounted firing pin. I made it clear how I feel about those things, and what anyone else feels is perfectly fine too. My only question is, has anyone used a cartridge style bore sighter to confirm the chamber and bore points where the sights are pointing. A quick test on two 357's I own and which I know shoot exactly to point of aim confirms that the laser points where my sights do. There's no accebtable reason for this post to turn into an argument...so no popcorn should be required. We're all shooters here, and revolver guys so we should be able to disagree on small things we may or may not like...right? So, anyone try using a laser? There are brand new S&W guns which, despite the features I just dont care for, I'd still own as long as it shot to point of aim. Ive been burned, and it took an enormous effort to correct, I dont wish to go through those several months again if I can help it. I'm fortunate to have older Smiths, that are beautiful forged pieces of art...which soot to point of aim, and are beautiful to hold, admire, listen to the clicks when pulling back the hammer,...the perfect uniform stainless after many years of use, and the deep blueing that's tougher than nails and deep as an ocean. Sorry, I don't accept anything but perfection, if someone does then that's fine but for me, I have high standards because I lived in the day when that was what was expected, and delivered on a consistent basis. So how about those laser bore sighters?