View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 07:02 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

Glad to see this thread still alive and well. Just yesterday I picked off another Randalll. It was up at the OGCA show. There was a nice early 3-7 over on a chair beside the guy. Long experience has taught me the best stuff generally doesn't show up on the tables, but instead under them or behind the guys. I asked about it and it sure looked good. Its been well used and the Roughy sheath looks like more use than even the blade. But it wanted to come home with me. Someone did a poor job of cleaning up the blade, but didn't do much damage to my way of thinking. 7" blades are probably too long for serious business. But they look cool, which is important for the knifes future work as a safe queen. Its got a well worn stag handle from back when they tapered it drastically at the front. I'm not sure what that was supposed to accomplish, but it did provide a surface to practice their polishing skills.

I'm thinking about making a display using a belt. I'd like to get one cut for someone really fat and hanging it from the mantle, side to side. Probably 84" or so. then just installing all the knives or all my nasty old Heiser holsters. As long as I don't go overboard with a fire, it would be nice to look at.