View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 08:28 PM

Liked 8,054 Times in 3,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWVa View Post
Reminds of a friend who years ago said he would "never pay $20 grand for a car"....I told him "I hope you like riding the bus"
Yes , us old guys just hate it when we think we're being gouged . I was thinking, I bought my first brand new car , tax , title and license and drove off the dealers lot for $1,500.00
My first house in a nice subdivision was $17,000.00 ..... but I also need to remember at that time I was bringing home in pay $75.00 a week....I got a raise, worked hard and was soon bringing home $125.00. So it's all relative....the more you make , the more things cost.
Now I'm on a fixed income ...not making more, making less and long for the days of $1.00 for a 50 rnd. box.
When my Daddy tells his story of buying 22 ammo , the 50 rnd. box cost $0.50....he didn't have 50 cents for a box , so the store owner would open a box and sell 22,s for 1 cent each !
I did Like DWalt, and bought them cheap every on every sale and stashed them away . I still have plenty in the ammo locker .
But I will buy them when I have to and pay the price.... but I still reserve the right to grouse about it...because I'm old !
Gary

Last edited by gwpercle; 07-16-2017 at 08:32 PM.