View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 08:49 PM

Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostaro View Post
I carry revolvers 95% of the time... a Ruger LCP the other 5%

They have long trigger pulls that give me confidence they won't go making decisions on their own and shoot off any of my favorite parts or put holes in things not needing holes...

Having said that, you have to have full confidence in what you carry. That comes with time and experience handling any weapon.
I wouldn't feel as easy carrying a striker fired auto with a "light" trigger....simply because I just don't have a lot of experience with them. I "know" they are safe and are safely carried by tons of guys every day, my friends included. I would need more time handling them before trading out my wheel guns.

I just don't agree that someone otherwise well trained is "un-armed or should just carry rocks" if they have a firearm with an unloaded chamber. Yes they may be making things harder than they need be... but if I had to choose between a Glock 19 with a full magazine and empty chamber or a bag of rocks...c'mon guys...really??

All of us are at different stages of our walk through life as legally armed folks. If someone feels a need to carry with an empty chamber until they are more confident or have time/money for more training...who am I to judge or call them names.
Haha! "We were going to give you a gun but you'd have to pull back the slide, so here's a rock instead."