View Single Post

Old 07-16-2017, 10:31 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default FN 1910/Browning 1955 collection

When I started my Police Career in 1973, down under, our issued pistols were Browning 1910s & Colt 1903 in .32 ACP for uniform and plainclothes and 1910/22 long slides for our Highway Patrol. We used the .32ACP instead of the .380ACP as it had more penetration and that was a factor with gthe old roundnose copper jacketed bullets we used in those days. We continued to use them until the 1980's when we modernized to S&W revolvers. Our sister State Police used the Browning BUT in .380 ACP calibre, way out in the bush we used to purchase the "other" barrel so if we were on a "joint" patrol we could run with the same calibre in our pistols. There was no problem swapping .32 and .380 barrels over and we used the same magazines and recoil springs. I have several in my collection in both calibres and the barrels swap quite readily amongst them.
Of recent interest is the conversion of .32ACP barrels to .32NAA
calibre which is a bottle neck .32 projectile in a .380 case. Velocities are excellent, the recoil is NOT severe and the guns are holding up to this calibre which appears to be adding new life to these pocket pistols. I will certainly be looking at getting one of these barrels for my 1910's 1910/22's
The Following User Likes This Post: