View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Mag update

Quote:
Originally Posted by swsig View Post
Like Nonuthin, I am suspicious about the source of Timinbhm's Uplula. I have used an Uplula (a real one) for the past three years to load all of my semi-autos, some 30,000 rounds worth. It is as tough as an anvil, and I suspect it will last as long. While I guess it's possible to get a defective one, I think the Israelis who manufacture it are pretty strict about quality control. After all, where is it more critical to load one's semi-auto in a hurry than in Israel?

As to the magazine springs, I have an M&P 40c (9000 rounds), a Shield 9 (4500 rounds), and a Shield .45 (2500 rounds). The springs do loosen up with use. I can get the final round in by hand on all of them. However, they are strong enough to last a long time. My 40c magazines still have their original springs, and they are working just fine.
Thanks for the comments. After spending some time yesterday loading and unloading the new mags, they are loosening up as several folks suggested. Will head back to the range with the new Shield .40 this week.

The new UpLULA is working perfectly. Take care when ordering stuff on line, is the takeaway.