View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 01:34 PM

Liked 468 Times in 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosbyDawg View Post
The replacement of the charging handle was mine...And the extractor was installed after the problems I read about on this forum. I wanted to be pro-active and replace the extractor before having a problem
So, to clarify, you did experience actual malfunctions that were corrected by these replacement parts?

Or you installed aftermarket parts in a functioning firearm to prevent possible future malfunctions?

Keep in mind that people are much more likely to post a complaint than a compliment. Internet forums tend to amplify perceived problems far beyond their actual rate of occurrence. I have over 17,000 rounds through my 15-22 with the stock extractor and charging handle without a single extraction problem.

I have had issues with ejection that were caused by a loose ejector that multiple trips to S&W were unable to correct. I purchased the tools to correct this issue myself and have not had it recur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosbyDawg View Post
Why wait six months for a $5 part when I can get it in two days a replace it in 5 minutes? Did you read the post about the wait times and even S&W not having parts until August (I think they were springs though but nonetheless)? Why would I replace a questionable extractor with another questionable extractor?
If you weren't having malfunctions that could definitely be attributed to the factory extractor, then it wasn't a questionable component. If you just wanted to install aftermarket parts for peace of mind, that's certainly your choice, but it's disingenuous to make a blanket statement that all 15-22 factory extractors are flawed.
Again, your original and followup statements are unclear on whether you actually experienced malfunctions.

Last edited by CrazyFingers; 07-17-2017 at 01:40 PM.