View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 01:59 PM

Liked 3,702 Times in 1,242 Posts

Any of you who read Anniversary Pesent EPIC Fail... know my last gun purchase didn't work out so well.
OK, this time I went for a pistol that would be a fun plinker for me and a great, lower cost shooting trainer for my wife. She has a Browning Black Label 1911-.380 with the rail. I've wanted to get a used Browning Black Label 1911-22 rail model for two years but can never find one. Sure, you can get them new for $600 to $630, but all the used ones seem to be the GI model with the useless GI style sights and short trigger.
So, when my LGS bought the 63 from me, I asked him to get me a price on the 1911-22 model with the rail. His cost from the cheapest of three distributors was $569. Add his mark -up and PA 6% tax and the OTD was $645. So I went snooping the web and scored a much better deal, with one caveat. (more on that later)
Browning made a 2015 Shot Show exclusive 1911-22 Lite with a rail and fire-site fiber optic sights. The exact configuration I wanted except for one hideous feature. Some genius thought engraving a giant, deep Browning Buckmark logo into the slide was a good idea. Pretty sure the distributors who bought these ended up sitting on their inventory, which worked out for me. I found one for $464 shipped. My LGS agreed to accept it for no fee, just the $7 he charges for the PICS check. Cool. New gun for less than used.
Shot it with four different kinds of ammo Saturday, No failures of any kind. Fair accuracy. My wife really likes it, and raved about the sights. Now, to dull down that huge birthmark on the slide! FORGOT- $50 Browning rebate too!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BRNG1911-380.jpg (166.7 KB, 32 views)

Last edited by steamloco76; 07-18-2017 at 10:25 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: