View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 05:26 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face Shield 9mm slide locked on frame

In the process of installing an Apex trigger kit, I wasn't paying close enough attention and the sear deactivation lever pin fell out while installing the sear block. The only reason I noticed is that I then proceeded to install the slide without first installing the take-down lever, because why screw up small when you can screw up big? The sear deactivation lever fell out when I tried to get the slide back off, and now I'm stuck. The slide pulls back but won't travel far enough forward to come off the frame, and the trigger doesn't pull.

Here's a picture of the absence of take down lever:
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Is there any way to get the slide off with the recoil spring protruding in where the take down lever should be? It would be great to fix this without sending it to S&W or a local gunsmith, but searching hasn't turned up anybody who made the same series of stupid mistakes I did.

Thanks for any help or particularly funny insults provided.

EDIT: Just solved it. If this happens to anybody else and they find this post - you have to put what feels like too much force on the trigger to move it because the recoil spring is pushing against the trigger and binding it up. Got it back apart after pulling the trigger.

Last edited by relephant; 07-17-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Fixed my idiot mistake, sharing the 'wisdom'