View Single Post

Old 07-17-2017, 06:55 PM
US Veteran

Liked 3,823 Times in 2,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by C J View Post
Could you not have bought a rifle with those parts installed as OEM or at least a lot of them? I don't see the point of buying a rifle that you don't want then buying more parts to change it and tossing the other parts you paid for. You could have built your own for that matter.

I still think the Sport II is an excellent value especially at this price. There are other good rifles with those parts you mention. I paid $650 for one plus a really nice range bag just recently. It had a lot of the parts you mentioned. It was built locally by someone with a very good reputation for doing it right. And it was cheaper than buying a Sport II and replacing the parts with the upgrades you listed.
This is a true build, not buying a rifle and swapping parts... well, at least the lower. I started accumulating things for it a couple of years ago. It was his motivation to finish his Eagle Scout. The lower has a Calico Jack emblem on it, since his high school mascot is Pirates... too bad he has now graduated, doesn't seem as cool of an idea as it did when he was a freshman.

But at any rate, yes, I agree... if you are not building a rifle for a specific task, you may be able to buy at the same price as build for the same features.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: