View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 01:07 AM

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts
Default It's a funny thing K22fan but ...

... I married a Democrat and I still have a houseful of guns. She believes in the 2nd Amendment strongly and she shot on her collegiate skeet team. The only woman on the team too. She also reloaded her own shells back then.

Nope, she's a dyed in the wool Democrat, but she's not one of those mamby pamby Democrats, she is a mental health counselor however and that's one of the reasons why she is a Democrat. She's always trying to look out for her client's best interests and that means they need health care. Trust me we couldn't be married if she was one of the gun grabber types, LOL!

One thing I have learned from her is that when we disagree about something, politics or whatever, then we just agree to disagree, unlike my ex-wife.

So not all Democrats are gun grabbing nutjobs, just as all Republicans aren't level headed thinkers either. Personally, I'm registered as an Independent these days.

Sooner or later even the gun grabbing types will get the idea that the only people who can't get guns when bad gun laws are passed are the law abiding folks like us on this forum. Lord knows that's the truth.

Just a quick note, if you check out the statistics, people with concealed carry permits are the most law abiding group of people in the US of A. I came across that statistic a few weeks ago and it didn't surprise me one bit, as I'm in that group too, LOL. The next time someone gives you a hard time about carrying a gun you might bring that up.

Thanks for your post K22fan! Be safe practicing our sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k22fan View Post
The only Glock magazines that I remember going that high were for the Model 20 10mm. Galil .308 magazines went even higher. On the good side the zillions of Browning High Power magazines around the planet were pre-ban and could be sold as surplus to importers so they remained affordable.

There was an enormous gun buying splurge in anticipation of a worse ban followed by a drastic collapse in gun sales after the ban took effect. Predictably that repeated before and after the last election.

As a consequence of their push for gun control the Democrats were slaughtered in the 1994 mid term election. Predictably that also repeated in the last election. That is the one thing that will convince some of our neighbors that passing more restrictive gun laws in not in their best interest.