Thread: Fixed
View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 02:18 AM

Liked 61 Times in 32 Posts
Default Wingriderz ...

... I have one fixed blade knife I used to carry before I got my concealed carry permit. Looking back on it, I may not have been legally carrying it all the time.

It was a CRKT Sting. It's a solid steel knife that is black powder coated and about 6.85" long altogether. It came with a sheath that you could attach to your belt horizontally and it held in place via friction very well.

Here's a link to it: STING™

It's a nice knife and I still have it, but now that I have a Bodyguard 380 I just carry a Kershaw folder in my right back pocket. Oh and I don't leave the house without a Swiss Army Knife. I've got a half a dozen of them that I carry depending on where I'm going or what I'm doing. I keep a Leatherman in my car and truck all of the time, just in case. Thinking on that I've never had to use either of the Leathermans because neither our Ford Sport Trac or our Mercedes CLK550 have ever broken down on the road. I think that is a combination of well-made vehicles and doing routine maintenance, LOL!

Anyway, the Sting is a nice knife, very durable being all steel construction and a single piece of steel at that. Oh, and it holds a very nice edge to boot.

Stay safe shooting~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingriderz View Post
Blade that is. Those that E D C a fixed blade vs a lock blade folder. My lockblade folder always rides in strong side rear pocket. Please send pictures of your fixed blade.I dont own a fixed blade.Any advice would be awsom. I wear cargo and loose fit jeans 90 %