View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 07:46 AM

Liked 1,328 Times in 456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnarcher View Post
Having porting is not worth the loss in performance. I saw a lot more muzzle flash, and it was considerably louder when I shot the ported and non-ported side by side.

I did by a brand new 45 Shield last week, and after handling it at home, it will be put up for sale before ever taking it to the range. The grip texture just isn't for me. Too rough and I don't want to have something with tape or a grip sleeve on it, nor do I want something I have altered anything on. It's an OCD thing. It's a shame. It came with night sights installed from the factory and three magazines.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
Jeez, did you even handle the .45 before taking it home ?
Loss of performance ? Have you chronographed the ported one next to a non ported one ?
The Colonel and I, and others on the M-P forum have, and the velocity difference is nil.
Muzzle flash? Have you shot it in the dark ? I have, and the large fireball coming out of the muzzle is what you see, not the two small jets going off to the side.
I only wish that the grip texture on my .40 was as aggressive as the texture the .45 has.
The last thing I want on a defensive pistol is a smooth grip.
Good luck finding one that suits your tender skin, I don't know of any SD pistols with a smooth grip.
And maybe get some new clothes that aren't so delicate, what's more important, wearing your cashmere sweater or having a good grip on your pistol in a life or death situation ?
It sounds like you were set on getting rid of the .45 before you even walked out of the store with it.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: