View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 08:22 AM

Liked 53,106 Times in 16,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKmesa View Post
I don't post in this section of the forum very often. Most of my collection is in the pre-war and early post war era and more than a couple of handfuls in the 1960-1980 era. I collect pre war .22 LR's, pre-war .357 Magnums; I love the 5-screw guns, the 4-screw guns, the P&R 3-screw guns and I am not a fan of the lock (primarily an aesthetic preference). BUT all of the lock guns I have purchased and have shot are great guns AND you cannot find a P&R 10-shot K-22, a 7-shot P&R L-frame 357, nor a pre-war 8-shot N-Frame 357 Magnum - and those high capacity wheel guns are way cool - in both design and in function.

We sometimes forget that even the older guns (including the Registered Magnums) went back to the factory for some fine tuning. When it comes to S&W revolvers, I expect folks to buy what they like, but I will not turn my nose up at something new, just because "it's not the same as it was..."
If folks like Rick and Doc44 own IL guns that's good enough for me. The usual bashers who make their living here bellyaching don't hold sway in their views, imo.

Clocked barrel and ****** crown, oh the horror. They sure don't make em like they used to.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/138174372-post6.html

Have a nice day.

Last edited by ladder13; 07-18-2017 at 08:34 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: