View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM

Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamHands View Post
Do I like the lock... hell no! I let it stop me from buying quite a few new Smiths. I spent months looking for minty vintage Smith's and (1) Colt... and I paid a premium for them. I like them so much that I would do it again. I spent a year looking for a Model 25 in .45acp. No 25's to be found in my area that wasn't grossly overpriced so I took a chance on a 625-8. I have to say it's been nice. No, it isn't as quite as nice as my 70's Smiths but it's a decent bit better than I was told it was going to be. So I'm replacing the lock and plugging the frame and enjoying shooting .45acp and Super's from a revolver. YMMV.
I'm with you.

I don't think S&W has reduced the "quality" of their guns one bit. What they have done is taken away the "artistic" touches like the beautiful deep blue finish and the forged parts. Even that damn pimple on the side of the guns isn't really a problem.

I routinely shoot older model 80's revolvers along side a new production 686 Pro Series - the new 686 is as good, or better. other than the nicer look of the older parts and bluing, there is no real difference.

I know some guys are going to bash me on that and claim their newer revolvers are not as smooth, ect. And that is true - the new revolvers haven't had a chance to break in.

Put a thousand rounds through them - they will come out as sweet as you actually need, at least mine have.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: