View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 08:50 PM

Liked 22 Times in 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambeaux View Post
I just bought a BG380 and after reading all the bad press about them I'm thinking about taking it back. My dealer had some very nice Kahr K9 trade in's and tried to sell men one of those. If I can take it back what should I replace it with?
The OP is long gone, but for anyone else reading this, I just got done fixing my bodyguard. It had an issue with light strikes that developed after months of shooting the thing. I would avoid this gun if I had it to do all over again.

I purchased the gun to replace my Kel-tec P3at. Well, I own 3 Kel-tecs (p32, p3at, p11) and all have been flawless after the first 50 rounds. I sent the p32 in after the first time I shot it because I didn't know about the break in period, and this was about 15 years ago before everyone had access to the Internet; however, if you send a gun back to Kel-tec they'll actually fix it, and send it back to you in this lifetime unlike a lot of other companies. Make no mistake that Kel-tecs are garbage, but they go bang when you pull the trigger. They're sorta like a Bic lighter in that they're nothing you're going to leave your kids, but functionally they're a great product.

While I have never owned one, I have heard that the original Ruger LCP is a very reliable gun as well. The LCP 2 is said to be having issues with feeding, so you might want to wait on that one until all the bugs are worked out.

I own a Glock 42. It's reliable and shoots better than any of these guns, but it's a little too big for pocket carry (for me), and the trigger is too good for me to feel comfortable carrying it in a pocket even with a pocket holster. I could see someone shooting themselves in the foot with that thing while drawing it from a pocket under stress.

I owned a Seecamp 32acp years ago that was crafted like a fine watch and carried easier than any gun I've ever owned outside of an NAA mini revolver. That's about all it had going for it though. It was inaccurate (even for a mouse gun), and it would only shoot certain types of HP ammo. The only ammo I trust in 32acp to get the job done out of a barrel that short is hot European FMJ. I wouldn't trust anemic Winchester silver tips in 32acp to consistently expand out of a barrel twice that long. Lucky for me, I traded that gun for a Remington 1911 that was even more worthless lol You had to keep the thing as clean as a hospital floor and lube it like a model-T just to make it through half a box of ammo without it having issues. What a pile of junk that gun was. Never again Remington!

Last edited by dixie-cup-dan; 07-18-2017 at 09:02 PM.