View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 09:59 PM

Liked 736 Times in 398 Posts

Honestly, I think the critiques of the OP's opinion of (Berrys) plated bullets are more than a bit over-blown.

Those (Berrys) plated bullets are pretty hard to damage in the reloading process, unless you are really ham-handed. And if you are, the accuracy of any other cartridge you'd create is unlikely to be consistent.

He's not recommending shooting wood - just saying the plating survived. He's not recommending they be used for SD, but who the hell cares if the bullet can be smashed by a hammer if you're gonna smash it against a steel plate. And they do go through paper without issue.

No one should expect the regular (Berrys) plated bullets to do well over 1200fps . . . although they can exceed that modestly . . . or the TPs over 1500fps. If that's your load, you'd have to lack reading comprehension to have used a plated bullet for that application in the first place.

My own tests showed me (Berrys) plated were just as consistently accurate for me as Hornady 9mm or Remington 9mm/380ACP from a rest at 20yds. If I were shooting longer range with match grade pistols, I probably wouldn't use any of those choices in the first place.

There is a need to stay within the advertised parameters, but IMO there's no need to baby Berrys plated bullets.
The Following User Likes This Post: