View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 10:50 PM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

After one of the ammo shortages I think after the first one the 7.62x29 was $59 for 1,000 rds for Russian Barnaul fmj ammo at Sportsman's guide. They seem to be the best at supporting our hobby. The ranout of Barnaul and offered wolf ammo in its place.

When the Chinese norinco ammo was offered the first cases were paper wrapped tied with string three strippers with 10 rds each. Then came the norinco yellow box, green box, the silver box was the last of it. It was just before clintons ban on importing Chinese products.

The sks's were about to soar between $750/$1,000 when the import of the Yugoslav sks arrived. This was advertised as the finest quality built sks, but no chrome lined bores. The bore diameter is different than the rest. It ran larger. It was .3115" on some of them. Now take your .308" to .310" bullets it made for a inaccurate sks. The Albanian sks was here before the Yugoslav, again the claim was they were the best. Right now there's the North Korean sks which is around $3,000+++. Silly isn't it. I stuck through thick and thin with my $59 norinco sks. Spending $3k for an sks that's three n frame s&w revolvers, well close.

My very first c&r surplus military rifle was a Turkish m38 8mm Mauser from aim surplus for $39.95.

Last edited by BigBill; 07-18-2017 at 11:05 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: