View Single Post

Old 07-18-2017, 11:49 PM

Liked 3,927 Times in 2,366 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Your not seeing my point. The OP said he believed the lead was harder than normal in the Berry's and the one he dug out of the wood was not damaged and the plating was still good. All I was saying that if a .44 had a softer lead core it would have probably have some mushrooming even at 1100fps. Your using a hammer as a comparison to wood is ludicrous and certainly is a better point that your hammer theory. At least in the wood he could see some immediate results and compare it. Your hammer theory is like shooting at steel plates at 7-10 yards, nothing but shrapnel is left. Try understanding what the OP was trying to observe it isn't really hard to understand.
Well i still dont know what the op is trying to say. Fwiw, i made no such comparision of hammer to wood. Only that a plated bullet is soft enough to easily smash with a hammer. Not theory, just fact. Plated do load diff than jacketed or lead if you want best results. That is fact not theory. So what i get from the op post is he shot a berry's bullet, at a low vel into a piece of wood & that somehow suggests that the 100s or 1000s of people reloading them & their observations are BS? So no, still dont get it. Next he'll test a HST hp in wood & be stunned it didnt expand.
Btw, what does babying even mean?

Last edited by fredj338; 07-18-2017 at 11:53 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: