View Single Post

Old 07-19-2017, 08:14 PM

Liked 2,249 Times in 1,032 Posts

I carry a snub revolver more often than anything else, so I see no issues with the Shields's capacity for carry, but home defense is very different from my perspective.

As a civiian, in a public/concealed carry defense scenario, complete avoidance is the primary goal followed by escaping the conflict. I think a 5 round J-frame or a single stack auto like then Shield is sufficient for this role.

In a home defense scenario, I can't readily avoid the confrontation and escape is not often a practical option, especially for those of us with children. I will have to make a stand and in that context, I want all the capacity I can get. I have come across far too many home invasion cases involving multiple intruders to be comfortable with relying solely on a revolver or single stack auto. More often than not, the intruders flee once the shooting starts, but I don't think it wise to count on that occurring and choose to prepare for the possibility of multiple determined intruders who still engage even when confronted with armed resistance.

YMMV
The Following User Likes This Post: