View Single Post

Old 07-20-2017, 08:57 AM
US Veteran

Liked 138 Times in 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Who is "they"? A lot more manufactures out there than just S&W. And even if there is not one exactly like you want, I bet there are several that start off closer than the Sport.

I get it, you like to play with yours like it is a Lego set. Nothing wrong with that. I like the simplicity and no frills of the Sport. Nothing wrong with that either. Mine is a Sport I as well, so I don't even have an ejection port cover or forward assist. Just don't feel compelled to change a thing on that rifle.
"They" would be any rifle manufacturer, That why my sport II is my first and only complete factory built rifle. My other three where built or assembled by me only using tier 1 parts I wanted.

My sport II is a good rifle and is getting to were I think it should be, but I also have a "take-off parts" pile now.

List so far:
pistol grip
butt stock
hand guard
trigger
flash hider
charging handle

All of these parts "worked", just not very well.

What I don't understand, is why owners that chose not to modify their sports feel they have to come onto the threads that are clearly started for the owners who want to modify their rifles?
Is a post count thing or do you really think posting on these threads is going to convert any of us to keeping our rifles stock?

I ask only in the spirit of good fun and not to hurt feelings.

Also, keeping with the threads intent my new Troy hand guard will be here in two days if the the OP is still in the market for something new.