View Single Post

Old 07-21-2017, 12:36 AM

Liked 148 Times in 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphertext View Post
Well, if you go back and read the thread, I offered some suggestions to the OP... and the hand guard would be the one thing I would consider changing, since the stock ones are cheap. (Actually the second thing, since I ditched the Magpul rear sight).

Just because I have a stock Sport doesn't mean that I don't have other rifles... or experience with aftermarket parts. Been on this board for quite a while and have seen many $1200 Sports...

But you asked how anyone could leave the rifle stock, and I answered your question. To me, the beauty of the Sport is that it is perfectly functional and serviceable right out of the box for a reasonable price. It is a value product... But the way the prices have dropped, I understand why someone would buy it and build on it.
$1200 Sport. $1200 10/22.

Gives folks something to do. Hobby. Pastime. Some watch baseball and read boxscores. Some blow glass or build birdhouses. Same thing, different catergory. Others like me jack around on forums and drink beer. A loveable lot of losers we are. In someone's eyes probably, but do you enjoy it and does it pass the time? Dang right.

Got me a 3rd 10/22 in a rubber stock with an aluminum shrouded barrel with all kinds of junk on it over the last month and a half. Speed steel gun. Never shot a match with it. The money thats in it could have bought me a Sig 226 probably. Will it shoot 1/4" at 25yds, maybe, probably not consistently. Have I enjoyed the hell out of it the last month. Oh yeah. All that matters in the end. Those lowriding JC Whitney supporting O'Reilly cardholding rice burning Honda fart pipe driving folks probably feel the same way in their genre.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: