View Single Post

Old 07-21-2017, 03:33 AM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacker View Post
Just completed a little flurry of action on the surplus/lower price range, online.

Picked up 2 guns I had been thinking over for awhile, decided if I don't make a move I'd regret it later.
1st one is a Beretta 92S, with the weird magazine release in the base of the grip. My son had been pestering me about one , and the only ones I'd seen locally were both beaten up and overpriced. I glanced the other day and saw some listed at an ok range, so I picked the cleanest one and made my bid. Somebody pushed the price up, but I ended up winning with a couple bucks to spare...

2nd gun is the oddball PHP MV9, a Croatian design made back during the Bosnian war. It's an ugly little sucker, looks like a cross between a Walther P38 and a Beretta 92. Same manufacturer now makes the XD, this was their first design. Prices tend to be low... I always have glanced at it, said "maybe sometime" and moved along.
Now the websites that list them are saying "broken or no grips only", so I figured if I was ever going to get one, I'd better do it now.
Found one listed online for auction, and again, watched as my bid got pushed. I won this one on my maximum bid, I didn't have another penny to spare. But I won

pics to come
As promised
Beretta 92S

IMP PHP MV 9

Oh, and laugh if you like, at the ugly PHP. I took it to the range today for the first time, not expecting much. This was my first 5 shot group at 10 yds

and yes, the flyer was on me