View Single Post

Old 07-21-2017, 09:31 AM

Liked 105 Times in 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_80 View Post
$1200 Sport. $1200 10/22.

Gives folks something to do. Hobby. Pastime. Some watch baseball and read boxscores. Some blow glass or build birdhouses. Same thing, different catergory. Others like me jack around on forums and drink beer. A loveable lot of losers we are. In someone's eyes probably, but do you enjoy it and does it pass the time? Dang right.

Got me a 3rd 10/22 in a rubber stock with an aluminum shrouded barrel with all kinds of junk on it over the last month and a half. Speed steel gun. Never shot a match with it. The money thats in it could have bought me a Sig 226 probably. Will it shoot 1/4" at 25yds, maybe, probably not consistently. Have I enjoyed the hell out of it the last month. Oh yeah. All that matters in the end. Those lowriding JC Whitney supporting O'Reilly cardholding rice burning Honda fart pipe driving folks probably feel the same way in their genre.
I couldn't agree more!
Among other options for deer hunting, I've got a 30-06, .270, and a .243. Guess what I do most of my deer hunting with every year? Winchester 30-30 mod 94. Is it fancy or as accurate as the others or have as much range? Nope. I have my own reasons for using it and it has served me well for over 30yrs now. So why do I have those other deer rifles? My wife has asked that question a time or two. She knows the answer, but next time she asks, I'm going to show her your post!
The Following User Likes This Post: