View Single Post

Old 07-21-2017, 11:59 PM
US Veteran

Liked 1,549 Times in 556 Posts

I acquired a Heritage Rough Rider .22 lr recently at a local garage sale with less than 25 rounds through it. They are well made, with tight tolerances, and shoot as well as can be expected with the rudimentary sights (a half-moon blade front and a tiny rear notch in the top strap). A real plus for beginners is the safety to the left of the hammer, though I don't think that feature will ever endear itself to me. The only other SA .22 I've ever owned was a Colt New Frontier, bought new in '74, and to which the Heritage compares favorably in accuracy.

They are NOT target revolvers, but are fun plinkers that would be absolutely great for training new shooters, mainly because the sights will force a person to become a better shooter. This also applies to those who have fallen into bad handgun habits and need to go back to basics to straighten out problems.

For the price of the gun and the ammo to feed it, you can't beat it. Don't let the handgun snobs talk you out of one of these nifty little pistols.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: