View Single Post

Old 07-22-2017, 07:45 AM

Liked 1,305 Times in 542 Posts

Dr. M, Sorry to hear that your 627 still isn't right.
I've been a S&W fan for probably a half century. Use to be, you probably didn't even have to open the box to check your new S&W . Now the quality is so piss poor that you have to go over everything with a fine tooth comb. It's a Shame !!

And it's sad that a lot of the firearms I have seen come from the so called Performance Center are the worse. When I went on a tour of the S&W factory in 2005, I was told that the Performance Center didn't have a hourly quota like the rest of the factory.
That they worked on them until they were right. ( edit: I should have said as much time as was needed )

If S&W isn't careful what happen to Colt might happen to them. In the 70's if you wanted a 1911, your choice was a Colt or nothing. Oh, you actually wanted it to work out of the box? You wanted sights that you can actually use ? You wanted a beavetail safety ?

Then came along Springfield and gave the customer what they wanted in a 1911. Then Kimber. Then several others.. Now where is the Colt 1911 ?

When I worked part time at the LGS, when asked about a 1911.
I would tell them,, If you want to collect it and look at it, buy a Colt. If you want to actually use it and shoot it buy anything else..

I guess all the folks at S&W that knew How to build a fine firearms are all gone ...

Last edited by old&slow; 07-22-2017 at 09:11 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: