View Single Post

Old 07-23-2017, 04:32 PM

Liked 15 Times in 5 Posts

I have 2 boxes of Win Ranger 38+P+ jHP RA 38110HP+..
Picked up at gun show couple years ago but never had occasion
to try any in my model 19-3 or 60-14.. Maybe I will now out of curiosity..
Back in the day, when my department authorized .357 ammo,
My load of choice was the Win 145 gr Silvertip... don't know if they are still
Available but found them to be accurate.. took the head off a huge
Diamond back rattler at around 40 yards once..
With regard to the FBI shoot out mentioned earlier, I was on duty that day
but had moved from my old department in Dade up to Broward County (Lauderdale).. One of my former co workers from Metro Dade worked on the follow up and told me the FBI op was totally screwed up from a tactical standpoint to include lack of firepower to lack of communication with the locals.. some say to save face the head of their training unit blamed the disaster on an ammo failure.. In reality it was a high cap auto loading rifle vs handguns.. No doubt the 115 gr silver tips were a weak round and shared in the blame but not to the extent it was blamed For the loss of life.. the agents fought valiantly With what they had and ironically the fatal wounds inflicted by Merelis were from a model 10 .38 special revolver.. After experimenting with some new carry loads they obtained MP5's, which they should have had in the first place.. or something equivalent..
Unfortunately, our federal government has always ignored the pleas of law enforcement to allow us not to be out gunned by the bad guys and now
terrorists as well. Hopefully President Trump will set things right..