View Single Post

Old 07-23-2017, 05:29 PM

Liked 61 Times in 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I dunno allow me to clarify better...these pics are highlighted to show the areas. That is not lead on the edges of the lands, that is steel that was essentially pushed rather than cut away.

Looking DOWN the bore, see these black areas? Those are in the grooves. As in, they are higher than the grooves.

Judging by the ridiculous a mount of lead from the probably 5 shots they put through it at the factory, it likely doesnt shoot so nice....
Yes the smearing of the lands when the cone was cut is a bit strange to me. If the tool was dull or chattering you should see a reflection of that in the forcing cone surface. But I'm not seeing any evidence of that???

You say the black spots are high, how weird??? Maybe some residue of that ammo they were shooting?

Along them lines, what kind of silly putty bullets are they shooting at the factory? To leave all that leading in the mouth of the cone, and possibly the black spots, from shooting only a few proofing rounds has me scatching my head.

But finally I can't agree with the guys saying you should accept this. Do what has been proposed before, get someone on the phone and politely demand a new weapon.