View Single Post

Old 07-24-2017, 02:19 PM

Liked 6,261 Times in 2,170 Posts

A few years ago we were vacationing out in Moab, UT. Because it was part of a jeep event, daytime was king and evenings kind of dead. So we did the tourist thing and walked the stores/tourist traps. In one particularly good one, The Old Western Scrounger, we happened upon a saddle. Firmly mounted to a barrel. There on the back was the H H Heiser Maker stamp. Because I was driving a Jeep, I had no place to tote it home. When I got back here after the trip, I posted about my find.

The following year and on the obligatory tourist hike, the saddle was gone. I asked and the proprietor said the funny thing happened. Some guy called from far away and asked about it. Then he gave them his credit card numbers and had it shipped UPS to him. I kind of wondered if it was one of our posters here.

As far as Iggy's problem goes, he should wait till he gets a visit from a tall guy like Dave Keith to help him getting his saddle down. Just be careful, Dave's been known to travel with a bunch of young uns'.