View Single Post

Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 PM

Liked 148 Times in 96 Posts

I wouldn't say killed it, but at the current time its the popular option. Subcompact auto's and mouse guns sell like crazy right now. And the responses I see are what I'd expect for this question posed in a revolver forum full of those with a full on interest in revolvers as well.

But it all goes in cycles. Remember when .40 cal was the new rage? So much better than a 9mm. Bridges the gap from 9 to 45. Yeah, thats over. Can't give a .40 away right now, and is it any different than it was 15yrs ago when it was everyone's new "have to have"? Eventually it will swing again, and you won't be able to give away those pocket 9's either.

I have the worst of the bunch. A shield in .40. A caliber that nobody wants anymore in a compact size. Got it over a Smith snubnose because I knew the kids couldn't rack the slide on it where as they could likely get the trigger back on a wheel gun. Now they're old enough that it doesn't matter so much and here I am with this little fireplug of a plastic pistol wishing it was made of steel and turned when you pulled the trigger.