View Single Post

Old 07-25-2017, 05:43 PM

Liked 181 Times in 108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnake View Post
Not a chance. If I'm going to accept the drawbacks of an autoloader I want as much capacity as I can get. A semiauto that only holds a round or two more than a revolver seems like the worst possible compromise in my opinion.

Edit: Maybe I'm being a bit harsh. For the people who can't learn to shoot a revolver (I haven't met many, but I hear on the Internet they exist) I suppose the single stack 9 is a good option.
I've got to agree with Silversnake. I retired from the job when the transition was being made from revolvers to semi autos. Being an FBI trained and certified firearms instructor, I was all for the change only because of the large round capacity. 15 rounds is better in a gun fight than 6. That being said, if it's only a few rounds difference or the same amount, I'll take the reliability of the revolver any day. I'm long retired (29 years) so I really don't have a need for a high capacity semi, but I do occasionally carry them. However, I carry big bore snubbies often in cooler weather. I feel they are more reliable and accurate.
The Following User Likes This Post: