Thread: EDC Lesson
View Single Post

Old 07-25-2017, 09:46 PM
US Veteran

Liked 15,206 Times in 4,162 Posts
Default EDC Lesson

I stopped to gas up my car mid afternoon today when I saw a young guy walking across the lot watching me closely. No other cars or people were around (no station attendant in sight) and I kept an eye on his progress as he got closer. While I can't articulate it I believe he was sizing me up. I look like an easy mark, past 70 and handicapped. My 340PD was in my L/F pocket so I slid my hand on it trying to look casual. He gave me a wide berth but kept looking over his shoulder at me and checking to see if anyone else was watching us. Needing both hands to finish I shifted the gun under my shirt, appendix, with my back to him, and got back in the car. He was still looking at me as I drove away. Maybe I'm just a paranoid old retiree and nothing was going to go down, but I was really glad to be carrying. Lesson: If you can legally carry do so all the time, not selectively when you think you might need to.

Last edited by Old cop; 09-06-2017 at 08:17 AM.
The Following 94 Users Like Post:
-db-, 03clyde, 326MOD10, 629shooter, 686-380, amazingflapjack, American1776, azpolock, AZretired, Bahamaroot, bearfoot, bgrone, Big Cholla, BigDog48, Bill In Texas, Bob L, BuckeyeS&W, dben002, Dennis, dgk777, dirty & hairy, Don~Z~, Doublebit, Doug M., Ed Fowler, federali, Florida J Frame, FlyTyinFool, Fox4506, GaryS, GeoJelly, GerSan69, Hawker800, haywood, hoosierone, Horn, Hotshot9, ialefty2, Iggy, Jack Flash, Jebus35745, Jessie, JH1951, jimbo728, jkrez, joe44va, joeintexas, joel0711, Kanewpadle, Kframerbluvr, Kiwi cop, kld555, KLYDE, kraynky, kthom, Lee's Landing Billy, les.b, Lewel, llowry61, lrrifleman, M.Cunningham, Maddog 521, mgriffin, mscook, MSgt G, Mtnfolk325, Mule Packer, Nedroe, Okie21, old bear, oldiegoldie, Ole Joe Clark, Owen49, pjames32, Protected One, QMASTERARMS, R.J. in Phoenix, RedPointGS, RobertJ., RTILSON, sholsclaw, smitty_bs, Squarebutt, sureshotbob, swsig, TAROMAN, tarsam, tlawler, tops, TX-Dennis, westy39, wild47, Yiogo, YogiBear