View Single Post

Old 07-26-2017, 09:06 AM

Liked 1,005 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyt56 View Post
Hello everyone,

This is my first post but I felt I might be able to add some insight.
I bought my victory early in february of 2016. It's under 6400 serial number.

I have put over 9500 rounds of various ammo through it. I use it primarily for NRA bullseye shooting and plinking.

I had the same problem as everyone else with the barrel loosening every 50 rounds. I tried the rubber o rings but they would get torn up with the set screw going in and out. I would just keep a wrench with me and tighten every 50 rounds or so. The answer came when I used green thread locker. Enough stayed in the threads and it quit loosening up. I could then run 250-300 rounds with no loosening.

About 6000 rounds the spring on the firing pin plunger broke. Of course this is a "armory only repair and I would have to send the gun in. Took it to my local gunsmith, matched a spring, back in business.

This week's range session, the extractor claw took off, the plunger came out followed by the spring in two pieces. Contacted S&W, can't sell me the pieces, got to go in. Oh they are on two week factory shutdown.

But, I love this gun. This thing ran flawlessly until it broke. And in all fairness close to 10,000 rounds.

At 5000 round count, I added a Volquartsen carbon fiber barrel, a tandemkross trigger and altamont wood grips. A Bushnell red dot. It is as beautiful as it is accurate.

So after I put all the stock pieces back in I can send it to the factory for a 5 minute repair that will keep me out of a gun for 3-4 weeks. And I have no doubt it will be repaired under warranty.

I hope this helps anyone who is considering. From stock to customized it is a hoot to shoot.
Nice looking pistol and a great report. I just picked up my new Victory last Saturday and can't wait to get to the range, hopefully tomorrow. I've been perusing websites looking at mods but I'm gonna shoot it a bit before going any further. And mine came with threadlocker on the takedown screw so we'll see how it holds.