View Single Post

Old 07-28-2017, 08:16 AM

Liked 777 Times in 407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie-cup-dan View Post
Just the TD pin blowing out. I'm not sure if the pin broke, as I couldn't find it. A pic wouldn't really show anything other than you can see that the spring that the TD pin fastens to is bent out a bit and the polly looks a little bulged around the slot that the pin fits into.

The injury is just a small cut and some bruising, but when it first happened I thought it was worse because of all the blood.
dixie-cup-dan:
I feel your pain! I also have been getting light strikes with my BG380!
I have over 1500, rds. through my BG380. It is one of the original issue BG380's with the Insght Laser®. The laser has been replaced by S&W, (Crimson Trace®).
Up until now, no issues w/gun. At about 1,350 rds. the weapon began to exhibit "Light Strikes." I now get them about 8% of the time! Other then the LS, I love the way it handles and shoots, but I have no longer have confidence in the gun! It is not my CCW. (All rds. were at my LGS&R). Mostly ball ammo. The defensive rds. that I have shot, have not displayed any LS.
Needless to say, I am pondering the idea of putting it up for sale! I have the Shield 45 that I now shoot at the indoor range and it is every bit as good as the BG380! I though the Shield 45 would be difficult for me to shoot (I'm going on 86 years.) but it is as easy as the BG380! That little pocket gun is very snappy!
I'm hoping S&W comes out with a Small Shield 380 which I believe would be so much nicer than the hammer fired .380.
Until then, I will continue to shoot and enjoy my Shield 45 and 9mm.
Thanks for letting me vent!